Tuesday, October 21, 2014

New Prints and a Free Fall Pumpkin Printable

I love autumn in Colorado! The leaves are changing and the weather cannot be beat. The kids and I have been trying to get outside as much as possible, especially with winter waiting just around the corner.  Today we visited our favorite place, Sunflower Farm, and came home tired, messy, and so happy.  

The season isn't the only thing changing. . . I am both excited and nervous to announce a big change to the Etsy shop.  

For a couple years I have tossed around the idea of adding illustration prints to the shop. I went back and forth on the idea for a long time. 

On one hand I love the idea of painting a piece from scratch so that each is truly an original. The shop has succeeded on custom paintings for four years and perhaps expanding to prints would somehow ruin what people enjoy most about Murray Designs. On the other hand, adding prints to the shop brings an affordable option to everyone, and allows me to operate even more efficiently while exploring new designs and mediums.  After probably way too much thinking and researching (I tend to make decisions annoyingly slow), I decided to go for it. 

To celebrate this new print art adventure, I have an 8x10 free pumpkin printable (click the link to open the print, not the photo)available for you here just in time for Fall. 





I've added a number of prints to the shop this week-- my kids think they're neat and have been asking me to print them on our cheap-o printer so that they can scribble all over them. The actual shop-worthy prints are printed on my brand new (and way too gigantic) Epson printer on pretty 100% cotton rag paper. Each is an original illustration that I've edited and colored digitally. 

Happy Fall! Check back soon for more new prints.



Click Here For Free Pumpkin Printable - Print it, share it, pin it, scribble on it, whatever you want! 
(Autumn printable is available in the shop)



No comments:

Post a Comment