Friday, March 18, 2011

Happy Friday


I have a couple exciting things to share this morning (well, exciting according to me).

PAINTINGS WITH PURPOSE
First, I have been pondering the idea of a little something called Paintings with Purpose.   I didn't come up with the name, I have to give credit to my Etsy pal Lindsay who makes super fun/affordable paintings like these "State Love" canvases:

CHOOSE your STATE or COUNTRY - Affordable Original Painting, Wall Art, Home Decor - Made to Order State Love (8 x 8 Canvas)

Looks like Texas is a popular place to love.

Anyway, the concept of Paintings with Purpose is super simple -- to give back a portion of what I receive.  Giving is good. I have a structured way of doing this swirling around in my head.  More about the big Paintings with Purpose plan later though.

Next week you could win some really great items from my new friend Kim's Big Giveaway.  She has a neat heart and a passion for Ethiopia.  All of the money she raises helps an orphanage that she is involved with there.  You can read more on her blog if you want!  One of the items in her giveaway next week is a Murray Designs custom canvas piece.  I was so honored when she asked me to be part of this.

SOAPY SURVEY RESULTS AND GIVEAWAY
A million thanks to all those who gave me some really great soap feedback!  I am sure you all were on the edge of your seat to know the results of the Soap Survey:)

Here are your top 5 favorites:

1. Peanut Butter Cup Soap
2. Grapefruit Slice
3. S'mores Soap
4. Spring Flower Soap
5. Tie between Polka Dots and Citrus Swirl

I am so glad I asked! Could have guessed some of these for the top 5, but not others. My favorite (the cookie with the bite) got 2 votes -- lowest of all. 

And now, of course the moment you have been waiting for, and the reason you are still reading this... the winner of soapy freebies. The winner was picked randomly, meaning I numbered all the comments (Facebook and blog comments) and then called my husband/assistant and asked him to pick a random number. 

The winner is Comment #3 -- Sarah H!

Happy Friday.

1 comment: