Saturday, January 22, 2011

New Twist on an old Design

I am new to blogging.  Want proof?  I just found out the hard way that if you are 99% done with your post and then accidently navigate away from the page, your post is gone.  Bummer.  So here we go with take two.

This week has definitely had its ups and downs.  The downs?  The stomach flu and a super sick one year old.  We are all finally starting to feel much better after a few miserable days.

The ups?  Well one "up" was this project that I was able to complete for a really terrific Etsy customer:


This is a great example of how anything can be customized.  I love to customize because I really want people to enjoy art that fits their particular personality/space/taste.  In December I was able to make this fun design for some great people:


We came up with a plan to change the colors to match this child's room, added an extra canvas (that little monkey no longer needed a piggy back ride), and really personalized it just for Caleb.

The result . . . these guys!





Have I mentioned my love for Etsy?  What an incredible place to find pretty much any handmade item that you could imagine.  So many creative folks out there.  I am amazed. . . and maybe little obsessed.  http://www.etsy.com/

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you got a customer off of Etsy! Seems like its working out for you better. Its a very cute painting!

    ReplyDelete