Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Good Clean Fun

About a month ago I told my husband that I wanted to make soap. 

He looked at me funny and said, "Like on Fight Club?" Give me a break, no, not like that.  Fun soap.  Soap that smells good, is made of quality ingredients, and maybe is just a little off-the-wall sometimes.

So I read some information, did a bit of research and ordered some supplies.  I learned that glycerin is a great thing!  It is the stuff in the soap (among other things) that draws moisture to your skin.  Did you know that most commercially manufactured soaps have the majority of the glycerin removed to be used in more expensive products?  Boy, there is a whole world of soapy information out there. 

The bottom line is that it is possible to order a soap base with all the good stuff still in it. . . and then get crafty to spuce it up a bit.  

Today's Soap(s) of the day:

Chocolate Chip Cookie Soap:


Smells like chocolatey vanilla goodness.  You may even want a glass of milk to go with it...


These little cookie soaps aren't too hard to make with a few round cookie cutters and a scalloped cookie cutter for the "bite."   The cookie is embedded inside the bar of soap so the design won't wear off when you wash. 

A little adaptation to the cookie soap...

Chocolate Chip Brownie Bar Soap


Inspired to look and smell like one of my favorite treats!  This soap has a sugar scrub for the bottom brownie layer for a bit of exfoliation. 

I have so many soapy ideas... for some reason most of them involve food !?!  I am pretty sure I will run out of soap before I run out of ideas. 

4 comments:

  1. That soap is too cute! It really looks like a tasty treat to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative... never done soap thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What does Fight Club have to do with making soap? I asked Jesse but he didn't know either. Are you going to sell this too? Jesse says you should sell it and he'll split the profit with you. :)

    ReplyDelete